For the life of me, I can’t remember what I was doing on this side of town before I went to Schmackary’s. All I know is that it was pretty late and I was with 4 friends, all of whom love sweets. Much like with how I found Holey Cream, we just searched for the closest dessert place and Schmackary’s popped up. Also, can we pause for a second and appreciate how cute a name that is?
The store itself is also pretty cute and quite inviting. They have a blue and white striped awning outside and a large mural of a kid licking his fingers with his trusty dog nearby. I think that what makes this place special are their cookies and all the fun flavors they come in. They vary by day and by season, but here are some of the ones I found the most interesting:
- Maple Bacon (candied bacon, maple syrup, toffee bits, sea salt)
- Funfetti (sugar cookie, rainbow sprinkles, vanilla cream cheese frosting)
- Dirty Leprechaun (dark cocoa, mint chips, semisweet chocolate)
- German Chocolate (dark cocoa semi-sweet chocolate, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, pecans)
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel (dark cocoa, pretzel bits, semi-sweet chocolate, peanut butter chips, sea salt)
- Fluffer Nutter (peanuts, peanut butter, peanut butter chips, peanut butter-marshmallow frosting
- Sch’mores (honey graham base, semi-sweet chocolate, toasted marshmallow)
- Green Tea (matcha green tea , white chocolate, macadamia nuts, green tea glaze)
They also have brownies, macaroons, and shakes if cookies aren’t your thing.
I got the Cookies & Cream cookie, which had dark cocoa, white chocolate, oreo bits, and vanilla cream cheese frosting. I like how the cookie wasn’t overwhelmed with icing and that the icing itself seemed like it was freshly spread on the cookie instead of being hardened on there over time. It was on the chewier and sweeter side, so if you like that kind of cookie then check this place out!
The cookies are $2.75 each or you can get 2 for $5. I’ve also heard there’s a happy hour where from 3 to 5 pm you can get two cookies and milk for $6, but don’t quote me on that! It does sound like the perfect pick-me-up after a long day of work though if you ask me. 🙂
Cookies and cream cookie
362 W 45th St.
New York, NY 10036